A Travellerspoint blog

Leaving Hoi An

...headed to Hue (pronounced 'way')

rain 76 °F
View My Exploration of Vietnam on Khandilee's travel map.

So my last day in Hoi An included a two hour breakfast, wandering around, a two hour early afternoon snack, wandering around, a two hour lunch, a short nap at the hotel (I was just so tired after all that eating and walking). a two-hour dinner, and more wandering around...then early to bed. Sounds like a pretty difficult day, huh?

I did manage to go to the hospital also. Not as a patient...thank god!! It's quite 'old school' with the nurses in all white with caps! I took a couple of pics of empty rooms, trying not to be too intrusive. The ER was pretty full but nothing looked too serious. There was a couple sitting outside with a small baby that looked under a year old, and as I walked past them they called me over and showed me some pretty bad looking burn on the baby's legs...I couldn't talk with them because they didn't speak any english but I felt so very bad that I couldn't help them. Not sure why they were sitting outside, maybe they dont have money to pay and were hoping for some free assistance? I dont know but it broke my heart!

Still using glass IV bottles and I only saw two nurses and no Dr's the time that I was there....

I've arrived in Hue and it feels like more of the same as far as Vietnam cities go. Stopped into Thu Cafe for a bite to eat (nothing spectacular) and booked a tour tomorrow afternoon of the local tombs, Bunker Hill and some Pagoda's. It should be a good time. Hopefully the weather will cooperate. Right now it's raining (imagine that....rain in Vietnam)! Need to make a pit-stop somewhere for some necessities (deodorant, and soap as well as some snacks). Then it's feeling like a short afternoon nap, before I wander out and try to find a place for dinner.

The bus ride here was so much better than the last one. I got the sleeper bus this time and although I didn't sleep, it was so much more comfortable. Able to stretch out my legs and relax with a pillow and blanket included the trip was finished in no time. Although I did have an early morning wake-up in order to make the bus at 0700!

My skype still isn't working here and I am quite upset. The cell phone that I bought when I got here won't charge and I have no other way to contact anyone. So if you haven't hear from me, that's why! Miss everyone so very much!! feeling a bit homesick but not yet ready to go 'home'!!

Life is good....

Posted by Khandilee 02:00 Archived in Vietnam

Email this entryFacebookStumbleUpon

Table of contents

Be the first to comment on this entry.

This blog requires you to be a logged in member of Travellerspoint to place comments.